27.10.09

What happened in Germany...

So I never wrote a post while I was in Germany. "Why?" you might ask. Well, internet access was next to impossible. I had enough time to check my e-mail, and that was about it. Sure, we had a building set up for personal internet access, but it was only for 15 minutes at a time. I couldn't even justify the time spent in vain to keep you all informed. Excuse #2: I was severely depressed about the kind of living conditions I was forced to live in, and I really didn't want to talk about it. We had open showers and food called unit group rations that came out of frozen boxes. I had too much free time but nothing to do to fill the time. I couldn't focus on anything else but the bad things that I had to deal with everyday. Sure, good things happened, but I was so wrapped up in what was going on that I probably missed it.
The moral of the story is that I am now out of Hohenfels and in Kosovo. Things have improved greatly, and I have the time and resources to pick up the story from here. (Though I might share a few stories from Germany a little later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment