Pass really started the moment I awoke from my nap after the trip to Indy. I packed my assault pack (Army backpack) for a vacation in Edinburgh. A buddy and I made a hotel reservation for the Holiday Inn Express for two nights, and the hotel staff was nice enough to allow us to check in early. So by noon I was back in my civies and in my nice little hotel room, rested and ready for an adventure. Granted, we were limited by our age because we couldn't rent a car. No worries. There was an outlet mall right outside our door. The hotel was in want of many things, but do you think I really cared about any of them when I was just happy to sleep in a real bed and have a real bathroom? The one thing I wish they had was a hot tub.
I had two priorities while on pass.
1. Get some new clothes.
2. Eat hearty portions of real food from many different places.
I accomplished both like a pro. I bought some cute shirts from PacSun and Rue 21 and even got some new running shoes from the Adidas outlet. As far as food is concerned, I had Snappy Tomato pizza, some of the best stuff I've had. I hit up Ruby Tuesday and had a real burger, and then went to Montana Mike's and had amazing steak.
Unfortunately, I ended up with a migraine (with every symptom of a hangover, without the alcohol). Apparently, when a person is finally free of a stressful environment, her body lets its guard down and illness happens. Needless to say, my $15 meal didn't do its job. I only ate half the steak and very little of the shrimp. It was still good though.
Now I'm back at Camp Atterbury without wheels, so I don't know what I will do until tomorrow night. I guess I'll see what happens. More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment